Monday, May 20, 2013

Picnic

Food, Entertainment, and You

I just got back from today's annual picnic. I'm generally an introvert, but I always look forward to the picnic. People are easy to talk to and make me feel like I'm part of something. The food is always wonderful, and just being on the farm makes me feel closer to the cycles of nature. OK, I won't bore you any longer, but will get right to what you're all waiting for... Pictures! There are lot of pictures, so please click: 

Food

As usual, the home cooked food is the main part of the story. Robin and Pete made several wonderful pasta dishes served along side beautiful fresh salad greens. There were copious desserts and plenty of tea. Much Mor Bread provided about 5 different, but equally scrumptious, breads. Full Moon Farms provided hamburgers and nitrate-free hotdogs.
Robin
Pete

Ian


 










All of the food was really wonderful. I can't wait for the season to start.

Entertainment

But wait, there was also music to go with the food. What a treat! The Essential Food Group provided entertainment. I was very impressed with their playing and really appreciated their choice of songs. It was a perfect blend of familiar music that complemented the picnic rather than competing with it.






You!

Here are photos of you -- all the wonderful CSA members who braved the overcast skies and somewhat wet weather to play at the farm.