Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Real Week 19

Hi Folks,
Apparently I incorrectly marked last week as Week 19, but this week is actually Week 19. You'd think I can count but apparently not! Of course, no one commented to tell me I was wrong...so no one else seems to be counting either. So, I don't feel so bad.

Full Moon Farm is having an Open House on Saturday! It looks like a lot of fun. They are very passionate about raising their animals humanely. Please check them out!




The weather was really wonderful today and to my surprise there were still a ton of choices for my units. Here's what I saw today, but please remember that availability is dependent on what is actually harvested and can change from day to day.
  • scallions, garlic, hot peppers
  • lettuce, radish
  • poblano peppers, red and yellow bell peppers
  • beets, carrots
  • broccoli raab
  • Siberian Kale & Red Russian Kale
  • Romano beans
  • eggplant
  • butternut squash, spaghetti squash, acorn squash
  • sweet potatoes, white potatoes
Please remember to sign up for a Thanksgiving Turkey if you haven't yet. I don't have the prices with me, but I think they are listed on the sign up sheet. Ana has the sheet where you check out at the Farm Stand.

And if turkey isn't your meal of choice on Thanksgiving, consider stocking up on some of Sarah's Chicken. According to Ana, "You've never tasted chicken until you've tasted Sarah's chicken."



There is a new item for sale in the cooler this week -- Hawthorn Valley Sauerkraut. There is even Ruby Sauerkraut that is made with red cabbage.




This week there is also Real Pickles brand Garlic Dill Pickles and Kimchi.



Don't forget about the other regular items for sale -- bread, apple butter, local syrup, local honey, milk, yogurt, cheese, mushrooms, goat milk fudge, chevre goat cheese, and Full Moon Farm meats.

People at the Farm Stand


I met Brooke and her mother Jen today at the Farm. Brooke wore her favorite dress to the farm. She really enjoyed helping her Mom pick out some apples. Of course, I had to take some photos and Brooke was happy to pose for me.





Don't forget the flowers that come with your farm membership. Brooke is a pretty flower, but since we can't take her home with us, try these flowers instead. There are clippers in the bucket next to the flower garden.




Tractor Obsession


I couldn't help but to take a picture of this tractor as I saw it moving around getting ready to go out in the field. It had this attachment on the back that looked pretty scary. I would not recommend being under the business end of the tractor as it's in motion.





Ana Obsession


Besides the tractors, I'm also obsessed with taking pictures of Ana. Can you blame me?



That's all for this week! I can't wait to cook my kale...

No comments: