Friday, November 15, 2013

Last regular weekend

Well it seems that we have come to the last regular weekend that the Farm Stand will be open. On Thursday there was still a lot of fresh items to choose from, and even two new things: senposa and vivid choi.

I have never heard of senposa, and I'm not even certain I'm spelling it correctly, but Ana tells me it's like collard greens. I love collard greens, so I got some senposa. I haven't had time to cook it yet though! Ana told me the vivid choi is similar to pac choi.

I also noticed there were some smaller poblano peppers! And, don't forget about the awesome apple cider.


Friday (today) is the last day for early sign up for the 2014 season. If you sign up and pay the deposit by today, you'll receive a Thanksgiving share next week. If you don't sign up and pay the deposit, you can still shop on Tuesday 11/26, but as a non-member.

This is the last regular week. There will be no farm stand hours for Nov 21-23 but the farm stand will be open on Tuesday November 26 from 8am-5pm. The farm stand will be open to the public that day for folks who want to shop for their Thanksgiving meal. If you've paid your deposit for 2014, you'll receive a share (or half share) that day. Please come to get any pre-ordered items like Thanksgiving turkeys and pies.

I'm a little behind in my work this week, so I won't write about the Grain Drill this time. I haven't forgotten about it; I will share the great photos and story that Pete told me soon.  In the meantime, here are other photos around the farm:

Visitors



Sue's home made ricotta cheese

Jessica choosing some apples

Workers

Alternative pest controller

I think this is Claudette with a colleague.

They are harvesting sweet potatoes.

There are other workers in the cold too.

Technically, these chickens are working too.

But they're a little cold and want to stay indoors!

Paul says this is his new office this week.
Actually, he's temporarily storing some winter squash.


Don't forget

Delaney is in a play! There are still a few days to go see it. It's entertainment worth the price of admission! See the link here.

And, even though the farm stand is coming to an end for the season, there are still goodies in the freezers and refrigerators.






Well, that's all for this blog post. Thanks for reading! Watch for the post about the grain drill and monitor this space for chicken photos. Here's a picture of Ana hard at work:


No comments: