Friday, June 21, 2013

Week 3, Warmer Weather

Hello everyone. The weather is getting warmer for the farm!
The crops should be excited  too. This week's pickup included many items from last week such as snap peas, carrots, lettuce, and onions. But this week there is also Pac Choy and another green.
Pac Choy, so good
 Delaney and Ana are around working hard, as usual.
Delaney and Ana at work
And Pete showed me these baby spaghetti squash he was taking to plant.


young Spaghetti Squash plants
Pete with Spaghetti Squash babies
Lovely Spaghetti Squash plants waiting to be planted
The farm stand will NOT operate on Saturday June 29th because Ian and Mary Kate are getting married. Warmest wishes to them on this special day. Please pick up your share on Thursday or Friday that week.
Ian and Mary Kate will be getting married June 29th 2013
We're getting hitched! June 29, 2013 - Mary Kate and Ian

 Things growing

I saw lots of good looking things growing.
 
The field of onions I've been following since April 21.
I think these might be beets.

Tomatoes -- they were getting their stakes today


Things in the greenhouse

Beets or Chard?

Long rows of cabbages

These might be celery.
I'm not good at identifying food, so if I've misidentified something, just let me know in the comments!

Other Local Products

As usual, there are lots of local items you can purchase separately from your share. Milk, yogurt, cheeses, quiche, meat, eggs, etc. This week I noticed that there were cookies...which I can't resist.
Also, Adair Wines was at the farm on Thursday. He will be setting up his stand every other Thursday. According to my calendar that means he will be here on July 4th (but don't hold me to that, because I'm not sure if the Farm Stand has special hours due to the holiday). But keep in mind if you want wonderful wine, please come on Thursdays.

If you are into wine, the Bounty of the Hudson takes place July 27th and 28th and Adair Wines will take part.

Cicadas

Last week I promised to post a cicada picture this week and I don't want to disappoint. I don't hear many cicadas near the farm, but at my house I have a ton. I was working in my own garden and this little critter appeared from no where. I love the noise the they make...I find it very comforting.


No comments: